- Friday Finds is a book meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s a chance to share and show off books you discovered (online, at the library, or in a bookstore) and added to your TBR list.
I did manage to cut down my to-read list by at least 200 books, and by no means was this accomplished through reading. Rather, I deleted obvious classics (obvious to me, anyway) that — in some point in life — I wish to read. (Think The Three Musketeers, Don Quixote, Gone with the Wind, Hamlet, etc.) The moment in which I felt a flicker of accomplishment (“Oh my God, it’s not a 980 book-long monster anymore!) passed quickly, as my resolve not to add anymore books for the rest of the year died. The fact that GoodReads recommendations appears fixed did not help.
- Ghost a La Mode by Sue Ann Jafarian
- MILA 2.0 Debra Driza
- Shadows Cast by Stars by Catherine Knutsson
- The Chrysalids by John Wyndham
- Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhode
- The Girl in the Garden by Kamala Nair
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith
Crown Duel is a re-discovery, one of many books I found again while sorting through my TBR pile. I’m excited to read this one in particular and marked it as a fall/winter read. Which books did you find recently? Share with me!
I’m off to continue my month of Jane Austen reading — happy Friday, everyone. Enjoy the weekend!