- Friday Finds is a book meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading. It’s a chance to share and show off books you discovered (online, at the library, or in a bookstore) and added to your TBR list.
My TBR list and I share a frivolous love-hate relationship, and it’s entirely one-sided. My list is a non-sentient, book-infested tumor and could not be any less aware of how I feel towards it. On the one hand, I love stuffing it. I can stuff it all I want, because it has no limit. At no point will it cease growing and swell into the danger-zone of bursting.
Then again, there’s some disappointment in watching my TBR list stretch without control. Too many books and certainly never enough time, but not enough memory to remember all these books! A TBR list is essential.
- The Howling Miller by Arto Paasilinna
- The Hangman’s Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch
- The Emigrants by W.G. Sebald
- Texting Orwell by Ian Little
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I enjoy discovering new books, which means an unknowable amount of published and to-be published literature will find a spot on my TBR list — but it’s where cobwebs form. It’s so large that I can’t possibly read them all, but I did manage to cut my TBR list down (if anyone recalls). I’m just surprised that I haven’t stuffed it back up by now. In any case, these are my Friday Finds — my shortest FF list yet, I’m sure.
TGIF & happy finds!